Start up to Stand up Ltd
Membership Terms & Conditions Agreement July 2020
1. Start up to Stand up Membership obligations – July 2020
• Participate in scheduled Start up to Stand up Virtual group meetings & one to ones, we encourage you to share your skills & knowledge with fellow members
• We have a referral scheme available to you on application & would welcome you to recruit new members to Start up to Stand up
• Maintain strict confidentiality of all Start up to Stand up group discussions & immediately disclose any potential conflicts of interest to Start up to Stand up
2. Effect of agreement: This Membership Terms and Conditions Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into on behalf of the individual named on the Membership Application AND the Sponsoring Company listed on the application (if any) (collectively referred to herein as “You”) and Start Up to Stand Up Ltd. Both the individual and the Sponsoring Company listed on the Membership Application are responsible for the payment of membership fees and Start Up to Stand Up Ltd shall be entitled to collect the full amount owed from either the individual or the Sponsoring Company. By signing this Membership Application, the individual confirms that s/he is authorised to bind the listed Sponsoring Company to this financial responsibility.
3. Acceptance: Submission of a Membership Application by You does not guarantee acceptance as a Start up to Stand up member. You will be notified of your application status after submission.
4. Start up to Stand up mentors: our mentors are independent contractors and may offer services outside of the work they do as Start up to Stand up independent contractors. By entering into this Agreement, you understand and agree that Start up to Stand up is not responsible for any loss or damage arising out of services for which payment is not made directly to us.
5. Start up to Stand up materials: As a member, you will be given exposure to and other access to utilise our methodologies and materials along with other confidential information and intellectual property (“Materials”). You understand and agree that Start up to Stand up owns all rights, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights for these Materials.
Payment: Following acceptance as a member, you will be charged for the first instalment of membership fees, in accordance with your selected method of payment. If you have selected BACS or Direct Debit, fees will be charged automatically to your selected method of payment upon acceptance of your membership. Applications will not be considered unless cheque or other payment method is provided. You will thereafter be responsible for the payment of membership fees by the invoice due date based on your elected recurring method of payment until your membership is terminated. Should the membership fees amount change, you will be notified in advance and automatic payments will continue to occur at the new membership fees amount. if You wish to discontinue your membership after the first two months, a 60xday notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing to Start up to Stand Up. This allows for a smooth transition of members in and out of our groups. Members who cancel their membership need to provide a replacement member for their group within the 60x day notice period. Membership fees are subject to annual review and potential increase in May of each year.
7. Scope of services: The advice, services and opinions provided as part of the Start up to Stand up experience are intended to expand thinking and inspire further exploration but are not to be considered a substitute for professional financial, legal, psychological, medical or other professional advice. Even where Start up to Stand up members or mentors may be credentialed as professional advisers, an individual relationship with such advisers has not been created and should not be relied upon as professional advice. The Start up to Stand up experience is provided “as is” with no warranty of any kind. There is no obligation for members to engage in business transactions with other group members, mentors or other Start up to Stand up affiliates. Should You elect to engage in such business transactions, you agree that Start up to Stand up bears no responsibility or liability for any losses arising therefrom.
8. Limitation of liability: To the fullest extent permitted by law, the maximum liability of either party shall not exceed the amount paid by You to Start up to Stand up for the twelve-month period preceding the occurrence giving rise to such liability. In no event shall either party be liable for consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive or special damages, or loss of profits, data, business or goodwill, regardless of whether such liability is based on breach of contract, tort, strict liability, breach of warranties, failure of essential purpose or otherwise.
9. Binding arbitration: To the fullest extent permitted by law, any disputes, controversies or claims arising out of or relating to this Agreement (“Claims”), including the formation, interpretation, breach or termination thereof as well as whether the Claims asserted are arbitrable, will be referred to and finally determined by arbitration in accordance with the JAMS International Arbitration Rules (jamsinternational.com). The tribunal will consist of a sole arbitrator. The place of the arbitration will be London, England unless another location or alternate hearing means (e.g. online, phone, written submission) is jointly agreed by the parties. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings will be English. You and Start up to Stand up agree to bring any Claims to arbitration on an individual basis only, and not on a class or collective basis on behalf of anyone else. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof.
10. General: This Agreement may not be modified unless such modifications are specifically approved in writing by a Start up to Stand up Director and signed by both parties. If any term of this Agreement is deemed unenforceable, the legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired. This Agreement and any disputes arising therefrom will be governed by the law of England and Wales.
Input your search keywords and press Enter.